If you look at the sweet potatoes they look a lot like he regular potatoes, they have very few differences, which are mostly in the taste, they are a little bit sweeter which is why they are called that way.
The most common types of sweet potatoes are those that have yellow-orange and white cream color, and in a few countries, including Japan these potatoes have a purple flesh.
Numerous benefits can be provided by the sweet potatoes, they contain one of the strongest antioxidants and most beneficial nutrients.
Which is why we will give you 10 reasons to start consuming sweet potatoes, which will solve many of your problems:
- The sweet potatoes are very rich with beta-carotene that acts same as antioxidant, it is preventing many conditions like arthritis, asthma and gout. Also it can protect our lungs from any damage and prevent from breast cancer.
- They can detoxify our body and guarantee a healthy digestive system, due to their richness in fiber.
- Also they are able to control the insulin resistance and regulate our blood sugar levels as well, which make it perfect for people who are dealing with diabetes.
- The sweet potatoes also contain huge amounts of vitamin C, which is needed by many processes that are happening in our body.
- They also contain a lot of vitamin A inside them, which is promoting respiratory system reparation, especially for the ones that smoke.
- Many skin impurities, skin irritation can be soothed, and we can clear our pores with the water in which the potatoes were boiled.
- The health of our tissues and muscles can be boosted and improved by the potassium that is contained in large amounts in the sweet potatoes. It can soothe our muscles, regulate our heartbeat and it can reduce cramps and swellings.
- The folic acid is very beneficial for the fetal development, is also contained in larger amounts in these potatoes.
- They are stacked with vitamin D as well, which is strengthening our bones, teeth, heart and skin and energizes our body as well.
- The sweet potatoes are able to reduce the sodium effects and support our heart health due to their richness in potassium. Also they are able to balance our electrolytes and regulate our blood pressure.