As the winter and the spring go by, the weather starts to get warmer, better and a whole lot more enticing. But no matter how good this weather is, it is followed by the enticing of ants and many other pests who are very likely to be uninvited guests in your home, they are not harmful though, they are just looking for food. The pest control services are the best solution, but also the most expensive one. But we are in luck, because we have some other effective solutions to get rid of the ants.
How To Prevent Ants From Getting In Your Home
The first thing you want to do is to stop them somehow to get in your home, because they have a very strong smell, especially for sugary things, and nothing will stop them if they smell something sugary near. So you must not leave food unprotected in the cupboards or on the counter, because that is the easiest way for the ants to find it. Even a single, empty can of soda can make the ants go crazy, because there will still be sugar left on the rim, therefore it would be wise to clean all containers that were in contact with food, then you can throw them in your trash can or the recycle bin.
How To Get Rid Of Ants
Sometimes the ants are able to find a way into your home, even if you are keeping all the food tucked away and your home clean as new. Try some of the following natural tricks to prevent the ants from entering inside your home.
An ingredient that has a strong smell, which is very unpleasant for the ants, and it will keep them at bay.
- Spray bottle
- Lemon essential oil
- Distilled vinegar
What to do:
- In the spray bottle mix equal amounts of water and vinegar.
- Put a few drops of the lemon oil inside it.
- Shake it well before you use it each time.
- Spray with the mixture everywhere where you have seen ants.
- Spray every day in those places, until they are gone.
Wherever the ants smell cinnamon, they will be gone from that place for good.
- Cotton balls or cloth
- Cinnamon cloves
- Cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon essential oil
What to do:
- Put the cinnamon essential oil in a cup of water and mix it well.
- Soak each cloth or cotton ball inside the mix.
- Wipe the spots with the cloth or the cotton balls, where ants have appeared.
- Do this once a day until the ants are gone.
- Put cinnamon cloves near the doors and the windows in your home, it will keep the ants at bay.
This recipe we are about to tell you, is not going to keep the ants at bay, but it will attract them even more. They will take the food and carry it to their nest to share it with the others, but they won’t know that the food contains borax, which will kill them.
- A teaspoon of borax
- A teaspoon of water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Plastic container with lid
- Something sharp, to poke small holes
What to do:
- Put all of the ingredients in a container and mix them well.
- Seal with the lid, and poke a few small holes, that only ants can get inside them, and get out.
For more information, take a look at the video below and see more tricks to get rid of the ants that are in your yard or in your home.
If you can’t manage to get rid of the ants or other pests, it would be wise to contact a professional or call a pest control service. Getting rid of the pests right away when you notice them, will save you a lot of money and peace in the long run!