Experience a whole new level with the strong detoxification powers and anti-inflammatory properties of the turmeric and ginger, by adding them in your morning warm lemon water. This is a simple elixir which will improve your health through the cold winter months, because it is rich with a lot of antioxidants and it is able to detox your blood and liver, and will jump start your digestive system. This recipe can boost your immune system and soothe the symptoms of cough, sore throat, chronic pain, fatigue, seasonal allergies, irritable bowel syndrome and some other digestive ailments. We recommend you to use the fresh turmeric rood, but it is not available all the time in the healthy food stores or the super markets.
Lemon Ginger Turmeric Tea
- 1 & 1/2 cups of filtered water
- 2 teaspoons of raw, organic honey
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice from half a lemon
- 2-3 twists of the black pepper (this will increase the bio-availability of the turmeric)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder or a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder or a teaspoon of grated fresh turmeric root
Put the water in a pan and put it on heat. After a few minutes add the ginger and the turmeric inside too, then let them simmer for about 10 minutes, but don’t let them boil! Then you can strain the mixture in a mug and add the honey and lemon juice inside too and stir well. Also be very gentle and careful when you are grating the turmeric root not to destroy the counter top or the clothing, because this can leave yellow strains, that look nasty.