I am sure that nobody is aware of the negative effects of nail polish on the body, even those that are the most health conscious. One study has discovered that most of the most popular brands of nail polish in America are highly harmful.
What are the results of the research?
Experts have analyzed the indications of present chemical toxins in 24 women who were involved in the research. They discovered proof of toxin present in all the women. The reason for all this is nail polish.
Triphenyl phosphate signs were found in all women just 10 hours after using nail polish. This is an amazing result and it is also very concerning.
In a next research, the same experts analyzed various nail polishes for signs of triphenyl phosphate and they found that this chemical was present in 8 of them. 2 of the products that were tested and showed presence of this chemical, did not have this chemical written on the label.
This proves that this harmful chemical is contained in about 20% of all the sold nail polishes and it is not always stated on the label.
What is triphenyl phosphate?
Triphenyl phosphate can disrupt the endocrine system in the body which is responsible for regulating the hormones, and that is the biggest problem. Dr. Heather Stapleton, the head researcher, stated that she is concerned about the problem that TPHP can also negatively affect development, metabolism, reproduction and hormone regulation.
This is especially dangerous for little girls that apply nail polish on a regular basis because it is very important for them to have a healthy hormonal development. Overall it poses a big risk for everybody who uses nail polish. It is considered of being:
- Endocrine Toxin
- Skin irritant and allergen
- Neurotoxin (developmental effects)
- Reproductive Toxin
Different health treats
Several nail polish brands change this phthalate for TPHP, yet it’s worse for the health. Genuinely, it presents undefined health dangers, for instance, hormonal disruption and regenerative structure toxins.
This blend is known to destroy development in youngsters (and a few masters found bits of information of it in breast milk!). Likewise, it can endeavor to the skin after use.
Formaldehyde is a carcinogen that can confine in water and air (you are familiar with that strong nail polish smell?). Introduction to this compound can nearly pass on reactions of difficulty breathing, scratchy throat, and asthma. People who suffer from chronic sicknesses are especially feeble to hurting from formaldehyde.
Natural Nail Polish Alternatives
The good news is that, there are a couple of manufacturers who responded to the disclosures of hazardous nail clean fixings. There are a straightforward social occasion of incomprehensible, standard alternatives that don’t contain comparative perils of hormone disruption, allergies, and tumor.
Here we will give you the better alternatives that have an amazing selection at good prices.
- Acquarella – this brand offers a selection of more than 50 different nail polish colors. They are water-based and have no chemicals in their content like wheat products, dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde, mercury, or toluene.
- Peacekeeper Cause Metics – is another brand that offers several nail polishes that use argan oil and have no toxins present. This is also a good way to keep the nails moisturized as well.
- Honeybee gardens – they have a selection of natural nail polish that offers different colors. They are in fact water-based – and they can be easily removed with the rubbing alcohol, and most important they do not contain any carcinogens or harmful chemicals.
- Spa Ritual – is a brand that has no toxins present and is also absolutely vegan.
The meni-pedi needs to be an interesting way to have fun and also express yourself, and not to be a danger for the health especially for small kids. But you have a choice with the safe alternatives that are no danger and also do not cost much.
Another sources linked in Healthy Holistic Living’s article:
Featured Image Source: www.healthy-holistic-living.com